Website: Camtasia Website
Price: $299 for the general public
$179 for educators”
Operating System: Windows & Mac
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Microsoft DirectX 9 or later version
- 1.5 GHz, single-core minimum ~ Recommended: Intel 2.0 GHz dual-core or better
- 1 GB RAM minimum ~ Recommended: 2.0 GB or more
- 500 MB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Display dimensions of 1024×768 or greater
- Camtasia Studio Add-in for PowerPoint requires PowerPoint 2003 or 2007; or 32-bit PowerPoint 2010
- Production to the Apple iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone format requires Apple QuickTime 7.2 or later
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone and speakers (Recommended)
- Camera video recording requires a USB Web Camera. Digital video (DV) cameras are not supported
- YouTube upload requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
- Integration with Camtasia Relay requires Camtasia Relay
UDL & Accessibility: This program has a text to speech component that will work well with users that have disabilities. Just like Dragon, it learns you speech patterns over time.
“I really like the speech recognition aspect of this software. Overtime, typing captions would become virtually unnecessary.
Another feature in this software that I really like is that you can include a quiz at the end to see what the viewer got from the video.”
I do not believe that this software has the UDL strengths of some of the other software discussed on this site but I believe the voice recognition gives this software it’s own beauty.