Website: CaptionMaker Website
Price: The price of this software is not listed on the web. You will have to contact the company for pricing. There is a limited Demo you can try out before you find out about pricing.
Operating System: Windows & Mac
- Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon or equivalent processor
- 1GB RAM (Windows XP), 2GB RAM (Windows Vista/7)
- 5GB free Hard Disk space
- One free USB port
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP SP3 Home/Professional edition (32-bit only)
- Windows Vista SP1 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Internet access required for some online features
- Auto Time Stamp requires 2GB RAM and Java Version 6 (JRE 1.6) or higher
- Dual core processor (Intel Core series or AMD Athlon X2 series or later)
- 1.8GHz or faster Processor Speed
- 2GB RAM or higher
- 10GB free Hard Disk space
UDL & Accessibility: This program (like the others) does not seem to “Mux” the caption file into the video file. It will create help you create your captions but does not seem to give the ability to do more than to create the “burned in” version of the video
“This company allows you to buy one product key that will allow you to use both versions (Mac & Windows) of their software. When I viewed the comparison chart on the different versions of this software (http://www.cpcweb.com/caption_common/FeatureChart.pdf) I thought the Web Plus would be the best since both SchoolTube and TeacherTube do not currently seem to support any other kind.
This software has one other feature I really like. It allows you to be able to meet with students live via the internet “”face to face”".”
Other than being able to meet with teachers online using this software, students do not use this software.